MTAA and the business.gov.au
96.5% of all automotive businesses are small and family owned enterprises. MTAA actively lobbies Government to reduce red tape and to simplify requirements to open, operate and close small businesses. business.gov.au offers simple and convenient access to all of the government information, assistance, forms and services required when running a business (small, large, family owned, etc.).
business.gov.au focuses on all areas of business including; planning, starting, running and exiting your business. It also sends users to other government websites to help find business answers.
business.gov.au provides the following information:
- Planning and starting your business (https://www.business.gov.au/Info/Plan-and-Start)
- Checklist on what you need to start a business (https://www.business.gov.au/Info/Plan-and-Start/Templates-and-tools/Checklists/Starting-your-business-checklist): Including registering your Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Business templates (https://www.business.gov.au/info/plan-and-start/templates-and-tools/business-plan-template-and-guide): Including business planning and marketing templates.
- Running your business (https://www.business.gov.au/Info/Run): Including financing, employing workers and growing your business.
- Exiting your business (https://www.business.gov.au/info/exit): For example: due to selling or closing a business or through succession to someone else (i.e. a family member).
business.gov.au provides a set of free tools and resources to help businesses start and grow by providing information on how to access free advisory services and grants and assistance.
- The Advisory Services (https://www.business.gov.au/search?q=advisory&c=advice) section provides business advice for particular states or territories.
- The Grants & Assistance (https://www.business.gov.au/Assistance) section directs automotive businesses (and other businesses) to Government grants and assistance that can be applied for.
For more explanatory notes on business.gov.au and how it can assist in managing automotive businesses please upload the attached PDF file and access their website directly.